This course provides the foundation to manage, configure and monitor advanced features and components of Citrix NetScaler 10.5. Interactive discussion and hands-on labs guide learners through advanced administration tasks such as troubleshooting, configuring application security with Citrix Application Firewall, tuning the NetScaler for high-traffic loads, configuring AAA for system management, and configuring advanced policies using service callouts. Advanced monitoring and management tasks such as configuring and implementing NetScaler Insight Center, Command Center, and NetScaler Web Logging are also covered. Prior NetScaler knowledge is strongly recommended. In order to successfully complete this course, learners will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment.
This course is based on the Citrix NetScaler 10.5 product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
This course is intended for system administrators or network operations personnel who configure and administer Citrix NetScaler products.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners have the following knowledge and experience:
- Experience configuring NetScaler systems, including an understanding of services, virtual servers, and policies
- Experience with network devices, such as routers and switches, various networking protocols, and aspects of application and site architectures (such as DMZs and VLANs)
- Knowledge of network security threats and site protection concepts such as firewalls, worms, and DDoS attacks
- Understanding of concepts related to monitoring and management including basics of SNMP
- Completion of CNS-205 Citrix NetScaler 10 Essentials and Networking or related experience
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to complete the following:
- Identify common web attacks and vulnerabilities
- Write PERL compatible regular expressions
- Configure Citrix Application Firewall to protect web applications
- Troubleshoot Citrix Application Firewall
- Install and configure Citrix Insight Center to monitor performance
- Install, configure, and use Citrix Command Center to manage NetScaler devices
- Configure and use additional advanced features of NetScaler including NetScaler Web Logging, HTTP callout, and AAA authentication for web applications